14.2.05

blogging my headache away

As I continue blogging this moment, the migrane (migrant? whatever!) on the temple and around my left eye has become more severe than lastyesternight. Took a painkiller tablet minutes ago; now just wanted to find out how blogging turned out with headache. So, what to write? How about my own birthday? OK. It's 4 days ago now, when I received two presents: "Sebuah Kitab Melawan Lupa" (or A Book Against Forgetting, and a steel ashtray.

No, wait, three presents actually. The other one is a blog posting, which I learned last night, from a friend. Could one, who never received birthday presents or even simple bday wishes from the parents, expect more? But to do justice, couldn't have written the last sentence without this little addition: the fact they never did me that does not mean they don't love me; this always goes without saying beyond qualms. Some people just don't show love.

Anyway, on my birthday last week, I felt truly happy and loved. Birthdays should be more about what you give others rather than the opposite. I learned this long ago, but let it be said again today. For, I am grateful, and the feeling is is strong enough to beat this killer...